Due to the risk of COVID-19, the NFAHW Council will be hosting two virtual forum sessions on October 26, 2021 and November 23, 2021. These events will be simultaneously translated and will be available in French and English.
Session 1: Tuesday Oct. 26, 2021: 11:00 to 14:00 EST
The International Landscape of Animal Health and Welfare - A 3 hour virtual event with speakers touching upon the themes of:
- Public-Private Partnerships from a Global Perspective
- Carel du Marchie Sarvaas Executive Director, HealthforAnimals
- U.S. Efforts to Operationalize One Health
- John A. Korslund DVM. One Health Coordinator (Acting), Office of Interagency Coordination, USDA, APHIS, Veterinary Services, S&P and
- Colin Basler DVM, MPH, DACVPM. Deputy Director, One Health Office, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Global Burden of Animal Diseases
A Q&A discussion will occur with the speakers following each presentation.
This program is pending approval for RACE continuing education (CE) credit
Registration fee for this session is $50
Session 2: Tuesday November 23rd, 2021: 11:00 - 14:00 EST
Forum session 2 will be an essential collaborative session to help guide strategic planning for the future of animal health and welfare in Canada - we hope all Forum registrants from Session 1 will make it a priority to attend and contribute their perspectives to this important discussion.
A foundation for Animal Health Canada: the Plant and Animal Health Strategy - accomplishments and the road ahead This three-hour virtual session will build off Session 1 of the 2021 Forum by sharing updates on key animal health and welfare activities in Canada and describing Council’s Plant and Animal Health Strategy summary project. Participants will also be engaged in a facilitated discussion to help inform strategic planning and the path forward for animal health and welfare in Canada.
Session Facilitator: Steven Roche, MSc, PhD.
There is no registration fee for this session